Authenticators via custom .NET extensions
When it comes to authentication we like to offer our customers as many methods as possible. CompleteFTP Professional and Enterprise Editions already come with predefined Database, Windows, and SAML authenticators. We realized that many of you needed more flexibility and that's why we introduced .NET authentication extensions. You can use this extension to implement any authentication scheme.
How .Net Extensions Work
The server calls methods in your class to find out whether or not a particular username/password combination or user/public key combination is valid. Your class can do whatever it needs to do to work out whether or not it is valid, such as calling a web service or invoking an RPC (Remote Procedure Call). This is how .NET extensions work in a nutshell.
The versatility of this feature makes it a much sought after component which persuades many to download our Professional or Enterprise Edition.
- Multiprotocol gateway
- Unlimited Windows and non-Windows users in all editions
- Windows domain Active Directory (AD) users
- Authentication via an external database
- SSO Single Sign On (SAML)
- Expiration of user accounts
- Folder tree listings (aka recursive directory listings)
- Authenticators via custom .NET extensions