What is Managed File Transfer (MFT)?
Traditional file transfer tools use protocols such as FTP to move files from one place to another, perhaps combined with scripting. Managed file transfer (MFT) is next generation file transfer software that allows users to automate and streamline their file transfers. MFT software:
- transfers files securely, both when in transit and when at rest;
- transfers files reliably, ensuring that failures are automatically corrected;
- allows users to audit transfers;
- provides integration with directory services, cloud services and other technologies;
- can be extensively customized by end-users to integrate with their own systems;
- scales to thousands of users.
MFT solutions are widely used in banking and financial services, insurance, retail, healthcare, and manufacturing, all of which heavily rely on transferring data.