edtFTPnet/Free has a rich API and provides complex capabilities. There are a wide variety
of FTP servers in existence, which may or may not implement the relevant standards.
If difficulties are experienced in connecting to a server or performing operations, a number of
steps can be taken to try to resolve the problem.
1. Ensure that you can connect using another FTP client using the same
credentials. If you cannot connect, it is likely that other clients (such as this one) will also
experience difficulties connecting.
2. If you can connect using another client, try again using exactly the same settings as this client.
3. Generate a log file exhibiting the error with the level set to LogLevel.All. This may provide
you (and us) with a clue to the problem.
4. If possible, obtain the server log file to see if it contains any clues to the problem.
5. Search the EDT Forum to see if the problem has been reported and a resolution posted.
The forum is fully searchable and contains advice and answers to many issues that
developers have faced when using this library.
6. Consult the product's revision history to see if your problem has been resolved in a
later version of the software.
When emailing support with a problem, always include a stack trace (if applicable)
and a relevant section of the log file that illustrates the problem. Include as much
information as possible. It will save us emailing you to ask for it.