Move a file to another directory after it's been uploaded
- Select the 'Events' panel from the side-bar menu.
- Select the 'Process Triggers' tab at the top of the panel.
- Click the 'Add' button to create a new process trigger.
- Select the process trigger you just created, it's probably called 'New process trigger 1'.
- Enter an appropriate name for this process trigger, e.g. 'Move on upload'.
- In the 'Events' section, click the 'Choose' button.
- Then select the 'Upload file' event.
- After the event is selected, some extra fields are added on the panel. Now, select the 'Trigger on success' checkbox (It is selected by default).
- Enter the folder- or file-path filter to select the files/folders for which the event should be triggered.
E.g. the filter 'Home/*' will match all files/folders under the /Home folder.
Macros can be selected via the folder filter's left arrow button.
- Select users for which an event should occur from the 'User Filter' dropdown list. By default, all users are selected.
- Select sites for which an event should occur from the 'Site Filter' dropdown list (Enterprise Edition only).
By default, all sites are selected.
- Select the 'Batch script' radio button.
- Enter the following script which will move uploaded files to the directory,
'C:\FTP\Incomming\username\' while username is the name of the logged in user.
Various macros can be used here. Click the script's left arrow button to select them.
- Specify the working directory (optional).
- Finally, click the 'Apply changes' button at the top right of the CompleteFTP Manager to save the changes.
Now, every time a file is uploaded to the CompleteFTP server, the uploaded file will be moved to C:\FTP\Incoming.