Discuss (FTP), (FTP on .NET CF) and (FTPS, SFTP and SCP).
no avatar
User

Undead98

Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:19 pm

Async FTP file uploads with delays in between

by Undead98 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:28 pm

Hi, I'm currently evaluating edtFTPnet/PRO and have a question, which I assume is pretty basic...

I am transferring files to my FTP server asynchronously to allow the UI to be as responsive as possible, but am running into an issue. After each upload, I need to give time for the FTP server to reboot (its an embedded system which does an expected reboot after processing) -- this is not something I can change. I can't upload multiple files back-to-back, I need to upload one, then wait a period for one of my methods to ensure processing is done, then do the next, etc.. For downloading, this isn't an issue and the async is just perfect as is.

Can anyone give me some tips here? I'm obviously using the OnUpload event handler, but with multiple files "queued" it gets hairy as I believe I need to beginConnect() each time since after each file the FTP server is restarting/rebooting.
no avatar
User

support2

Tue May 18, 2004 8:30 am

Re: Async FTP file uploads with delays in between

by support2 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:37 am

That's rather interesting server behaviour. Yes, you should probably disconnect and then reconnect in OnUpload in this case.