Discuss (FTP), (FTP on .NET CF) and (FTPS, SFTP and SCP).

Running on a 2008 server...

no avatar
User

Zoidberg

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 pm

UK

Running on a 2008 server...

by Zoidberg » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:09 pm

Howdy

I've inherited a legacy application (written a number of years ago, and the authors have moved on) which uses edtftpnet.dll for some FTP actions. The version we seem to have is 1.2.1 - which I gather is probably discontinued, but trying my luck here anyway!

We're having some odd problems with the use of the FTPclient.dir() method: From what we can see the API connects to the remote box, gets a response, but then just hangs. Our own code terminates the thread the connection is running in after 10 minutes of idle time.

The remote FTP server is up, and running (it's one of ours). I can connect manually using the same credentials as the application, and from the same machine.

The key thing here is that this is the first time we've tried running the application on a Server 2008 machine. Previously, it's been running on Server 2003 installations without issue.

So, I guess the first question is this - are we pushing our luck trying to get v1.2.1 of the DLL running on a 2008 machine ? Has anyone else had any problems with this ?

Thanks
Z

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post. I'm new around these parts :)
no avatar
User

support2

Tue May 18, 2004 8:30 am

Re: Running on a 2008 server...

by support2 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:54 pm

It's the right place to post. 1.2.1 is 7 years old. But I would expect it should work.

Hanging problems like these are usually firewall problems. Are you able to enable logging?
no avatar
User

Zoidberg

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 pm

UK

by Zoidberg » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:07 pm