Discuss (FTP), (FTP on .NET CF) and (FTPS, SFTP and SCP).
no avatar
User

mtrichards26

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:36 am

SecureFTPConnection.PreferredHostKeyAlgorithms Issue

by mtrichards26 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:43 am

I'm testing out some code to use the SecureFTPConnection and with the ServerValidation set to None everything works fine. However, when I set it to Automatic and point it at my known_hosts file I see the following error in the log:

ERROR [SSHFTPClient] 13 Jan 2011 11:04:34.072 : No ssh-dss public key found for host 'mysftphost.com'

The known_hosts file does exist and it does have a key for that host. The issue seems to be that the PreferredHostKeyAlgorithms is set to DSA | RSA and that it only actually checks for the DSA key when it is set this way. If I set the PreferredHostKeyAlgorithms to RSA it finds the key in the file and connects correctly.

I can use this workaround for now but I'd like to be able to support both key types if possible...

Thanks!
Matt
no avatar
User

support2

Tue May 18, 2004 8:30 am

Re: SecureFTPConnection.PreferredHostKeyAlgorithms Issue

by support2 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:07 am

For DSA | RSA, the client is sending to the server a list consisting of DSA,RSA and the server always sends back the first one.

You need to be able to send RSA,DSA so we'll work out a way to do this - we might have to allow people to manually specific the order.
no avatar
User

support2

Tue May 18, 2004 8:30 am

Re: SecureFTPConnection.PreferredHostKeyAlgorithms Issue

by support2 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:38 pm