Discuss (FTP), (FTP on .NET CF) and (FTPS, SFTP and SCP).
no avatar
User

CCericolaDM

Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:48 am

Preventing the compilation of the XMLSerializer dll

by CCericolaDM » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:51 am

I'm running across a strange issue that's resulting from CSC.exe created the XMLSerializer library for eftFTPNetPro.dll on a very heavily taxed machine. Once I start to upload files, CSC spawns and runs this command:

/t:library /utf8output /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorlib.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll" /R:"C:\DigitalDistributionTransfer\GUI\edtFTPnetPRO.dll" /out:"C:\Users\DDUser\AppData\Local\Temp\yj-be0j7.dll" /debug- /optimize+ /nostdlib /D:_DYNAMIC_XMLSERIALIZER_COMPILATION "C:\Users\DDUser\AppData\Local\Temp\yj-be0j7.0.cs"

If the machine is too taxed, it came time out and cause the application to fail. Obviusly, the easiest answer is to have a less taxed box but I was wondering if there's a way to generated the XmlSerializers dll ahead of time. I've tried using SGEN, but get an error.

Anyone else run into this?
no avatar
User

CCericolaDM

Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:48 am

by CCericolaDM » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:21 am

Here's the actual error that is occuring:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: Timed out waiting for a program to execute. The command being executed was "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\csc.exe" /noconfig /fullpaths @"C:\Users\DDUser\AppData\Local\Temp\smun5r8p.cmdline".
at EnterpriseDT.Net.Ftp.FTPTask.Oviue6VZR()
at EnterpriseDT.Net.Ftp.ExFTPConnection.UploadMultiple(String localDirectory, String remoteDirectory, String wildcard, Boolean includeSubDirs)
at EnterpriseDT.Net.Ftp.ExFTPConnection.UploadDirectory(String localDirectory, String remoteDirectory)
no avatar
User

EDT Support

Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:03 pm

by EDT Support » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:43 am

This error has been solved. The solution will be included in the next release.

- Hans (EnterpriseDT)