Discuss (FTP), (FTP on .NET CF) and (FTPS, SFTP and SCP).
no avatar
User

leedo

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:19 am

by leedo » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:20 pm

no avatar
User

EDT Support

Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:03 pm

by EDT Support » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:34 am

OK, I see what you mean about wanting to know how many files are going to be synchronized before the actual synchronization actions are executed.

How about if we change it so that all of the SynchronizingFile events are triggered BEFORE any of the actions are executed and BEFORE the Synchronizing event is triggered? That way you can collect any information you require in the SynchronizingFile event-handler and use it in the Synchronizing event-handler. This gives you a lot of control because you will know all the actions and all of the file-names before the actions are executed, which you can use to provide really detailed feedback to the user.

With respect to the error-handling, the latest version of edtFTPnet/PRO has two new properties, Succeeded and Exception, on most of the event-arg classes. You can use these to find out whether or not the operation succeeded and, if not, what the error was. We've just released this so you might like to download it from .

- Hans (EnterpriseDT)
no avatar
User

leedo

by leedo » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:29 pm

no avatar
User

EDT Support

by EDT Support » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:43 pm

no avatar
User

Boris

Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:43 pm

by Boris » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:19 am

I've been playing around with the FtpSynchronize function the last few days and I have a few questions:
- how are time zone differences handled when checking for last modified time?
- how can synchronization result be obtained when doing the synchronization in a synchronous way?
- could somebody confirm that the DeleteIfSourceAbsent flag does not work? It seems to have no influence.
- how does the DeleteOnFailure function work? I guess when transferring fails, deleting won't work either...

Also I get an error "Unexpected null reply received". Does anybody else get that?
I'm currently trying to find where its origin lies. Debugging a service is a pain as it seems only to happen on a certain ftp host from a certain server.
Knowing what could possibly cause this reply could probably point me in the right direction.
In an older post I read it happened in the connect method, but it is not in my case.
no avatar
User

support2

Tue May 18, 2004 8:30 am

by support2 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:12 pm

1. You can set the FTPSyncRules to ignore dates, but the time zone currently is not taken into account. Note that if you set the SynchronizingFile event, you have complete control and can easily decide to take time zones into account.

2. See other post.

3. DeleteIfSourceAbsent should work. Do you follow what it does?

4. DeleteOnFailure - if set to true and an error occurs, the partially written file is deleted.

Unexpected null reply generally means the server has terminated your connection.
no avatar
User

EDT Support

by EDT Support » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:28 am

no avatar
User

leedo

by leedo » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:38 am

no avatar
User

EDT Support

by EDT Support » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:46 am

no avatar
User

leedo

by leedo » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:09 am

no avatar
User

EDT Support

by EDT Support » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:20 am

Oh, yes, that's been done and is included in the latest version 5.0.1 (see ). You can use the link that was included in the download instructions that you received when you purchased the product.

- Hans (EnterpriseDT)
no avatar
User

leedo

by leedo » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:22 pm

no avatar
User

EDT Support

by EDT Support » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:06 am

no avatar
User

daniel.doerig

Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:03 pm

Exception if SyncLocalDateAfterDownload = true

by daniel.doerig » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:13 pm

I have edtFTPnet/PRO 5.0.4.

Synchronizing via SynchronizeView (Property SyncLocalDateAfterDownload and RealTimeUpdate in SynchronizeView both set to TRUE) works as expected.
If I synchonize via secure ftp connection and set SyncLocalDateAfterDownload to true in the DefaultSyncRules, I get the following stack trace:

Connecting to server ftp.ruf.ch
Working directory is /
Synchronizing file... Action: DownloadRemote File: abc_NextConnections.txt, size 36, last modified 10.04.2008 10:15:00
Synchronizing file... Action: NoneRemote File: def_NextConnections.txt, size 0, last modified 10.04.2008 10:15:00Local File: def_NextConnections.txt, size 0, last modified 10.04.2008 10:43:54
Synchronizing file... Action: DownloadRemote File: ghi_NextConnections.txt, size 0, last modified 10.04.2008 10:15:00
Synchronizing file... Action: DownloadRemote File: Images.zip, size 254727702, last modified 10.04.2008 10:16:00
Synchronizing file... Action: DownloadRemote File: xyz_NextConnections.txt, size 0, last modified 10.04.2008 10:16:00
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at h.a(Object A_0, FTPFileTransferEventArgs A_1)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke(Object[] args)
at EnterpriseDT.Net.Ftp.FTPConnection.InvokeDelegate(Boolean preferGuiThread, Boolean permitAsync, Delegate del, Object[] args)
at EnterpriseDT.Net.Ftp.FTPConnection.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate eventHandler, Object sender, EventArgs e)
at EnterpriseDT.Net.Ftp.FTPConnection.OnDownloaded(String localPath, String remoteFile, Exception ex)
at EnterpriseDT.Net.Ftp.FTPConnection.DownloadFile(String localPath, String remoteFile)
at h.a(String A_0, String A_1, FTPFile A_2)
at h.a(FTPSyncRules A_0, String A_1, String A_2)
at EnterpriseDT.Net.Ftp.ExFTPConnection.Synchronize(String localDirectory, String serverDirectory, FTPSyncRules syncRules)
at EnterpriseDT.Net.Ftp.ExFTPConnection.Synchronize(String localDirectory, String serverDirectory)
at SynchronizeDirectory.Program.Run(String serverAddress, Int32 serverPort, String userName, String password, String fileName) in C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\daniel.doerig\Eigene Dateien\Synchro
nizeDirectory\Program.cs:line 71
no avatar
User

EDT Support

by EDT Support » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:44 am

PreviousNext