Discuss , our SFTP/FTP/FTPS/SCP server for Windows. Secure, fast and customizable!

upload tigger

no avatar
User

bradsharp27

Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:35 am

upload tigger

by bradsharp27 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:44 am

I'm trying to create an upload trigger. It's .NET 4.5, and more than just a DLL.

First the trigger calls another dll that I wrote years ago that works with my whole system that logs a user in.

Security.SecurityMgr.SetCurrentUser(username, password);

This is where it fails currently
2014-11-05 08:33:09,737 ERROR [Session.3:Default Site: mysite] Error firing OnUpload trigger CompleteFtpUploadEvent.UploadEvent FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Security, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I have a folder created c:\uploadevent\
which houses ALL the required dlls needed for this to work.

So I breaks there first, but after I'm through this step, it has to call another method in a process dll that actually puts the file in the database via entity framework.

I've thought of creating a trigger that calls a console app and uploads the file that way, which maybe my next step if I can't get this to work. However, I also want to develop a login trigger that fires that same security dll to see if the user has the ability to upload files. And I don't think I can get the results I want using a console app for that.

Brad
no avatar
User

support2

Tue May 18, 2004 8:30 am

Re: upload tigger

by support2 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:15 am

It might be best if you send us your config.sdf file together with your DLLs. We'll try to replicate to figure out what is going wrong. Email zipped files to support.
no avatar
User

bradsharp27

by bradsharp27 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:19 am

what's the config.sdf file? I'm not sure I can send my dll's over, I'd have to check with mgmt. They might require non-disclosures (etc)...
no avatar
User

bradsharp27

by bradsharp27 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:32 am

Just wanted to update this thread for all users looking for info about something similar. Support told me that the current production release of sftp needs to have related dll's to your extension in the server directory. All works on that part for me now.