Discuss , our SFTP/FTP/FTPS/SCP server for Windows. Secure, fast and customizable!
no avatar
User

PatMangan

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:43 am

How to confirm an Event has run

by PatMangan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:53 am

Using CompleteFTP Manager 7.1.0, I have defined a Process Trigger Event to run an FTP Script. At the moment, the Event trigger is set by "Upload file" or "Move file" and it works to send the file to an external partner.

I know that the script does work as I have verified the transfer manually a few times. However, I cannot see any reference to the Event running in any of the Log files, Diagnostics or Audit. Is there a way to see in the Logs or elsewhere that the Event was at least triggered to run?

Second Question - is it possible to move the trigger file into a local subdirectory after it has been processed?
So the file starts in %WindowsPath%,
It gets sent to the remote location,
Then I want to move it to a "processed" subfolder of %WindowsPath% but NOT to trigger the Event again (as it might interpret the move as another "Upload file" trigger.

Thanks in anticipation.
no avatar
User

support2

Tue May 18, 2004 8:30 am

Re: How to confirm an Event has run

by support2 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:22 am

I'm not sure for this version. Do you see anything in the log if Debug is enabled?
no avatar
User

PatMangan

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:43 am

by PatMangan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:11 am

With Logging set to Debug, yes there is a record showing the Event is being prepared. I tested this with a new Event with a distinctive name, and there is just one DEBUG record showing the Event about to start, but no confirmation that it has completed.

DEBUG level of detail is really too much to have enabled all the time. I mentioned we are currently using v7.1.0, but we are planning to upgrade to a new release. If you think this is covered in a newer release, that will give us yet another reason to action those plans sooner.

Any ideas on my second question?

Thanks for your prompt reply.
no avatar
User

support2

Tue May 18, 2004 8:30 am

by support2 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:43 am

Yes, Debug level is too high for ordinary usage. I don't think anything is changed in the latest version.

We'll give some consideration to adding this to the Info level logging.

I only just saw your second question. It won't trigger anything again if you move the file to a subdirectory from within the trigger script.