Discuss (FTP) and (SFTP, FTPS and SCP), our Java file transfer clients.
no avatar
User

gork

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:00 am

Issue with edtftpj open source

by gork » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:18 am

It's been many years since I wrote applets, but I recall that an applet can only connect back to the IP from which it was downloaded? Maybe there's a way around that.
no avatar
User

EDT Support

Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:03 pm

Re: Issue with edtftpj open source

by EDT Support » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:29 am

It's possible to have the applet request permissions to access other IP addresses as well - .
no avatar
User

gork

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:00 am

by gork » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:27 pm

Not sure what happened to my original post. It has been overwritten by the first post above. It is posted under my user name but I didn't post it. My question related to a socket.permission connectm resolve error.

The applet is being loaded from the machime that I am trying to connect back to. I have found that if I run the applet under jre 1.7 on the client then all is ok. If I run it under 1.8, it fails with the socket permission error,
no avatar
User

EDT Support

Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:03 pm

by EDT Support » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:36 pm

That's very strange.

We've given up trying to keep track of all the security changes Oracle is making to Java applets. In fact, these changes caused us to abandon our own FTP applet product, IntegralFTP. One thing I do know is that you need to include in the manifest the name of every domain from which you're serving the applet. This may or may not be the source of the problem you're seeing. I'm sorry I can't help you any further with this.

- Hans (EnterpriseDT)