Discuss (FTP) and (SFTP, FTPS and SCP), our Java file transfer clients.
no avatar
User

oc1

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:48 am

com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPException: 4 Failure

by oc1 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:58 am

Hi,

We are using ftpj-pro.2.1.0 and we are getting problems to make our software with Websphere. Exactly the same software and configuration works without problems for weblogic, so it seems that the reason of this is the same as explained here:

http://www.enterprisedt.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=8996

I downloaded the latest trial version version (3.9.1), but now when running the application I am getting this stack trace:

com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPException: 4 Failure
at com.enterprisedt.net.j2ssh.sftp.SftpSubsystemClient.getOKRequestStatus(SftpSubsystemClient.java:1127)
at com.enterprisedt.net.j2ssh.sftp.SftpSubsystemClient.makeDirectory(SftpSubsystemClient.java:374)
at com.enterprisedt.net.j2ssh.SftpClient.mkdir(SftpClient.java:389)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.ssh.SSHFTPClient.mkdir(SSHFTPClient.java:1445)

Why am I getting this exception now? Any ideas?

Thanks
no avatar
User

EDT Support

Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:03 pm

by EDT Support » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:30 am

I don't think these errors are related as your happened in SFTP and the other was in FTPS; the two protocols are unrelated apart from the fact that they both do file-transfer.

The error "4 Failure" is coming from the server when you try to create a directory. The server doesn't give any clues as to why it disallowed this operation. One possibility would be a permission error. Another might be invalid characters in the directory name. A look at the server log might give a clue.

- Hans (EnterpriseDT)
no avatar
User

oc1

by oc1 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:52 am

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your quick response.

I agree that the problems are not related, it is just that I got the first one with our current edtftpj-pro version (2.1.0) and I just tried to avoid that exception upgrading to the latest edtftpj trial (3.9.1), then is when I get the exception I posted before. Still do not understand why I cannot create a directory getting that exception, as I can create directories manually in the ftp server, and also exactly the same code works perfectly with weblogic and our current edtftpj-pro version (2.1.0).

Anyway, I just realized that the exception we got is not exactly the same as the one mentioned in that post ( http://www.enterprisedt.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=8996 )

Here is the stack trace of the exception I get with 2.1.0 and Websphere 7:

com.enterprisedt.net.j2ssh.transport.publickey.InvalidSshKeySignatureException: SHA-1/RSA/PKCS#1: Not initialized
at com.enterprisedt.net.j2ssh.transport.publickey.rsa.SshRsaPublicKey.verifySignature(Unknown Source)
at com.enterprisedt.net.j2ssh.transport.TransportProtocolClient.verifyHostKey(Unknown Source)
at com.enterprisedt.net.j2ssh.transport.TransportProtocolClient.performKeyExchange(Unknown Source)
at com.enterprisedt.net.j2ssh.transport.TransportProtocolCommon.beginKeyExchange(Unknown Source)
at com.enterprisedt.net.j2ssh.transport.TransportProtocolCommon.A(Unknown Source)
at com.enterprisedt.net.j2ssh.transport.TransportProtocolCommon.startBinaryPacketProtocol(Unknown Source)
at com.enterprisedt.net.j2ssh.transport.TransportProtocolCommon.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:735)
Caused by: java.security.SignatureException: SHA-1/RSA/PKCS#1: Not initialized
at com.enterprisedt.cryptix.provider.rsa.Any_RSA_PKCS1Signature.engineUpdate(Unknown Source)
at java.security.Signature$SignatureImpl.engineUpdate(Signature.java:469)
at java.security.Signature.update(Signature.java:325)
... 8 more

We need to make our software work with Websphere 7, and it would be great if it is without upgrading edtfptj library.

Is this problem related to the IBM JVM? Could it be any other reason?

Another thing it may be of interest, is that our software was working fine for websphere in previous releases, and no code changes have been done in this module. I cannot confirm for what Websphere/JVM version was working though.
Also I tried running Websphere 7 with Sun JDK 1.6 update 18 getting the same problem..

I appreciate any help. Thanks
no avatar
User

oc1

by oc1 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:02 am

Just to clarify, when I said "I can create directories manually in the ftp server" I meant I can create a directory with a ftp client (WinSCP). I will have a look at the server logs tomorrow..
no avatar
User

oc1

by oc1 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:01 pm

no avatar
User

EDT Support

Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:03 pm

by EDT Support » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:52 pm