Discuss (FTP) and (SFTP, FTPS and SCP), our Java file transfer clients.
no avatar
User

ck

Wed May 13, 2009 1:03 pm

Edtftpj application blocked by Vista firewall

by ck » Wed May 13, 2009 3:45 pm

no avatar
User

support2

Tue May 18, 2004 8:30 am

Re: Edtftpj application blocked by Vista firewall

by support2 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:14 pm

no avatar
User

ck

Wed May 13, 2009 1:03 pm

by ck » Mon May 18, 2009 4:59 pm

The application is added in the excluding list of firewall (unblock state). The connection can be established but when I was doing the file uploading process , I got some errors of FTP respond.
no avatar
User

danielle

Fri May 27, 2011 8:30 pm

by danielle » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:43 pm

What is a firewall and where do I find it on my computer? I got a window on my computer that said the computer could be in danger, the firewall was not active. How do I even find the firewall to activate it and what is the difference between a firewall and an anti-virus program?
Last edited by danielle on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

EDT Support

Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:03 pm

by EDT Support » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:15 am

A firewall is a piece of software that decides whether to accept or block network connections coming into and going out from your computer. It allows most outgoing connections, but blocks most incoming connections. Its purpose is not detect viruses but rather to stop other computers from gaining access to your computer. Routers have inbuilt firewalls so if there is a router between your computer and your Internet connection, then you are pretty safe. You should never go on the Internet without either being behind a router or having firewall software running on your computer. If you are accessing the Internet using a public wireless network (e.g. in a cafe or at a library) then you should have a firewall enabled on your computer because, although you are protected from computers elsewhere on the Internet, you are not protected from nearby computers that are accessing the same public wireless network.

Information on enabling your firewall can be found by a Google search such as .

- Hans (EnterpriseDT)