Discuss the FTP protocol, secure FTP, FTP over SSH and FTP over SSL.

LIST/NLST not working

no avatar
User

janoski

Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:29 pm

LIST/NLST not working

by janoski » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:37 pm

no avatar
User

support2

Tue May 18, 2004 8:30 am

Re: LIST/NLST not working

by support2 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:35 pm

no avatar
User

janoski

Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:29 pm

must be problem with login

by janoski » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:24 am

ah problem is caused by connection issue to ftp server - I'm using MS ftp from cmd shell - the server requires login w/username,password - claims connected to proxy then to connect thru - must do "USER" command again w/different username, password where username like abc@xyz.com - then can access directory of files and put/get OK - how can i do this through the control. It seems to be a firewall proxy.

also - strange command after connection - doing a "cd &m" sets the get mode to multiple files like an mget - do you support anything like that in the control - the dir listing is strange looking - it's very tabular with columns like "Sender ID" "SNRF" "Service Ref."

i can get the ftp download working with a script file for FTP - is it possible to execute a script as a string with the control? I saw your example for EDT's script tool - not quite what i need.

sorry for all the ?s in one post
no avatar
User

support2

Tue May 18, 2004 8:30 am

Re: must be problem with login

by support2 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:38 pm

You can try using SendUserName & SendPassword to send the correct information.

There's no mget in FTPConnection (try http://www.enterprisedt.com/products/ed ... rview.html (edtFTPnet/Express) for added stuff like that).

Not sure what script you mean ... one that works with the DOS ftp command?